What is the Maintenance and Support plan?
It’s an annual subscription that entitles customers to the following:
- All updates/upgrades to all minor and major versions released during the subscription coverage period
- Email support, documentation, and knowledge base access
- Remote assistance support (up to 3 incidents a year when deemed necessary by Syncplify support staff)
Given the above, it is therefore important to understand what incidents are:
- if the software is misbehaving, or you have identified a bug, that is an incident
- if you simply don’t know how to do something, that’s not an incident, and we kindly ask you to – please – read the documentation and search the knowledge base before contacting our support team (we’re deeply grateful for your understanding)
The cost for a maintenance/support subscription is 30% of a license MSRP price. However, if you select multiple years, a discount is applied based on the number of support years. So, for example, if you buy a single BASIC license ($349) your annual optional subscription cost will be $104.70; another example: if you buy 2 Professional licenses without WebClient! ($849 each, total $1698) your annual optional subscription cost will be $509.40 ($254.70 * 2).